Welcome to the 129th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between January 22nd and January 29th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Mango Markets has sued the exploiter responsible for a loss of $114M, seeking $47M in damages.
- The EU plans a digital euro bill and metaverse policy for May.
- A crypto bank by the name of Custodia was recently denied membership in the Federal Reserve system.
- A Uniswap DAO temperature check shows strong support for deploying Uniswap on the BNB chain.
- Sushi DAO has implemented a proposal to direct trading fees to its treasury.
- Pantera Capital’s 2023 forecast has a positive outlook.
- Mars Protocol has unveiled a new codex revealing the internal workings of their platform.
- Injective has launched its own $150M ecosystem group.
- Makerdao held their ratification poll about onboarding PSM $USDC into a Yearn vault to earn yield.
- Index Coop has announced the launch of $dsETH, or Diversified Staked ETH.
- Tribes, a web3 social wallet, launched this month with $3.3M in funding.
- QuickNode has raised $60M in Series B funding, with the project holding an $800M valuation.
- Tholos secured $1.5M in pre-seed funding, aiming to build a highly usable, functional digital asset custody.
💱 DEX Report
- DexGuru released their app on Android on January 23rd. They’re also looking to allow their users to integrate AMMs and Chains through a pull request.
💎 NFT News
- Some lawyers believe that serving litigation through NFTs can become a norm.
- Floor has acquired WGMI.io in an attempt to accelerate the expansion of its NFT portfolio app.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 130th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋