Welcome to the 99th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between June 19th and June 26th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- $100M has been stolen in an exploit of Horizon.
- Coinbase has announced support for Polygon and Solana on their wallet.
- dYdX is apparently launching appchain in the Cosmos ecosystem.
- Timeless of Timeless Finance launched on the Ethereum mainnet on June 20th.
- Ava Labs has released a core all-in-one web3 OS for the Avalanche chain.
- Matter Labs has announced its V2 Upgrade, which included a bunch of features like L2 to L1 messaging and Account Abstraction.
- EulerDAO was announced by Euler Finance as part of its process to create governance and decentralize.
- Gearbox had a discussion about a strategic DAO funding proposal valued at $5.5M.
- SithSwap has announced their $2.65M seed funding round, with goals of delivering the next generation of AMMs on StarkNet.
- Increment raised $1.56M in funding, aiming to bring multi-currency perpetual swaps to the second version of zkSync.
💱 DEX Report
- The ZigZag DEX is selling governance tokens, with an airdrop planned later on.
- Mangata Finance closed a $4.2M funding round, with the goal of further building out their cross-chain DEX.
💎 NFT News
- eBay has acquired KnownOrigin, a leading NFT marketplace.
- Uniswap Labs has also completed an acquisition of Genie, an NFT marketplace aggregator.
- ParaSwap recently launched its first NFT P2P mobile trading app on the App Store.
- 1confirmation has launched a new fund specifically aimed at NFTs.
- The NFT startup Magic Eden’s valuation has surged tenfold after its funding round to $1.6B.
- Astaria, led by CEO Justin Bram, raised $8M in funding for their NFT lending platform.
- Gucci has invested $25K in SuperRare, an NFT marketplace to start its Digital Art Vault.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 100th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋