Welcome to the 97th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between June 5th and June 12th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Celsius Network lost 35K in ETH in a key blunder.
- Aurora Labs has paid $6M in rewards to a white hat hacker who prevented a 70K ETH loss.
- Ethereum’s Ropsten test network is undergoing a test PoS merge.
- The US is investigating Binance and its token, and whether or not they broke rules years ago.
- CoinDesk explained $DESK recently, their relaunched social token.
- The ApeCoin DAO barely approved a proposal to stay on Ethereum.
- RenBridge 3.0 went live recently.
- Risk DAO has also introduced their bad debt dashboard.
- Funding activity is shown to have fallen in May.
- Huobi Global launched a $1B investment arm recently, focused on DeFi.
- PancakeSwap received an undisclosed amount in strategic funding from Binance.
- Euler also raised $32M in funding, with Katie Haun’s new fund leading the round.
- Backd has secured $3.5M in funding in their most recent round.
💱 DEX Report
- Opium Network introduced dutch auctions for Option Vaults.
- DexGuru is allowing its users to bootstrap their DAO launch.
- Wintermute is incubating a new DEX aggregator.
- Bebop announced their new DEX, focused on user experience.
- Split Finance also announced an automated arbitrage DEX aggregator.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- NYDFS, the regulator of New York, laid out formal stablecoin guidance.
💎 NFT News
- Floor closed a $8M funding round, aiming to make NFTs more understandable.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 98th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋