Welcome to the 95th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between May 22nd and May 29th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Solana’s Blockchain clock has lost touch with reality, and is running half an hour behind.
- According to Hester Pierce of the SEC, the US has dropped the ball on crypto regulation.
- Coinbase Wallet recently expanded their swaps to Avalanche and BNB chain.
- a16z announced their 4th crypto fund, with $4.5B available overall.
- Standard Crypto has also raised a new $500M fund.
- NGC Ventures, a Singapore focused VC, additionally raised $100M for their third fund.
- Uniswap has broken $1T in volume, but is only used by 3.9M addresses.
- Tether/USDT has launched on the Polygon ecosystem.
- Superfluid recently discussed automated money streams, and their access control list.
- Risk DAOs launch was recently announced.
- Aura Finance’s launch details were discussed in further detail.
- Yield Games made an official statement on the Merit Circle proposal.
- A proposal for ApeCoin DAO has appeared to launch Otherside on an Avalanche subnet.
- MetaPortal announced MetaPortal DAO, which aims to be a research DAO focused on governance and token accrual models.
- Footprint Analytics has secured $4.15M in a seed funding plus round.
- Spritz Finance closed a $2.5M pre-seed funding round, aiming to connect real-world bill pay with crypto.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Pebble, a fintech backed by Y Combinator, is using stablecoins to offer 5% yields on cash.
💎 NFT News
- Zerion DNA, an NFT that “evolves” with you, was announced.
- Doppel, a project aimed at detecting NFT fraud, raised $5M in seed funding.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 96th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋