Welcome to the 94th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between May 15th and May 22nd, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- The Hacker who exploited Indexed Finance is refusing to return the millions stolen.
- Coinbase revealed their new dApp wallet and browser on Mobile.
- Mergers and Acquisitions may soon occur more for DeFi.
- Cloudflare recently announced that they’re experimenting with Web3 and Ethereum.
- Robinhood is also launching their rival wallet to MetaMask.
- A16z published their report on the state of crypto and web3 for 2022.
- TempleDAO and Fei Protocol announced a partnership.
- Lens Protocol, Aave’s plan for decentralized social, went live on Polygon recently.
- deBridge opened up cross-chain transaction bundling as a feature.
- Alchemix also discussed tokenomics.
- Thales Market additionally unveiled the launch of Tokenized Range Markets on Optimism.
- Revolut’s rumored token, Revcoin, will reportedly reward customer loyalty.
- Yearn has also opened up buybacks of the $YFI token, hearing some are selling.
- Mushrooms Finance unveiled their shutdown recently.
- Coinshift secured $15M in Series A funding, while also revealing their plans for V2 of their project.
- Questbook raised $8.3M in funding, aimed at helping web3 developers secure funds.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- $3B in Bitcoin was reportedly spent to try to save the $UST stablecoin from collapse.
- Scream was left with $35M of bad debt after they tried quoting depegged stablecoins at a dollar.
💎 NFT News
- Seaport Protocol was just announced by OpenSea on their blog.
- Pine, an NFT-backed crypto loan startup, raised $1.5M in seed funding.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 95th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋