Welcome to the 91st issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between April 24th and May 1st, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- RARI Fuse Pools exploit: $79M lost
- SushiSwap recently talked about V2, and how they’re planning a restructure.
- Optimism recently launched the Optimism Collective, which is an incentive that pushes sustainable growth of a decentralized ecosystem.
- Ribbon recently talked about Ribbon V3 and new features.
- Founders from a16z, Solana and others are backing a new billion-dollar crypto fund.
- Cloudflare stated that they detected one of the largest DDoS attacks on record, which was targeting a crypto platform.
- USDC.homes is bringing a new crypto mortgage project to Texas homebuyers.
- Argent closed $40M in Series B funding, aiming to build a crypto Super App.
- Ondo Finance recently closed a $20M Series A funding round, with the Founders Fund co-leading.
- Rain secured $6M in seed funding, aiming to build a corporate card for Web3 teams.
- Mangata Finance raised $4.2M in funding to build its secure, non-existent gas, cross-chain DEX.
- MYSO closed a $2.4M seed funding round, planning to use the money to create a DeFi protocol for zero-liquidation loans.
- JPEG’d recently announced their protocol launch, and gave a run down.
- Nansen, a DeFi data shop, made their first VC investment in ZeroDrop, an analytics firm, recently.
💱 DEX Report
💎 NFT News
- OpenSea recently acquired the NFT aggregator Gem.
- 0x Labs, a Coinbase NFT Partner, raised $70M in funding from investors Greylock Partners, Jump Crypto, and Jared Leto.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 92nd issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋