Welcome to the 89th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between April 10th and April 17th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- A Class Action lawsuit alleges that Uniswap Labs is doing nothing to stop fraud and scam tokens.
- A lawsuit also claimed to unmask Apollo, an early OlympusDAO co-founder.
- Virgil Griffith, a former ETH developer, received a sentence of over 5 years in prison for his North Korea trip.
- Uniswap also launched Uniswap Labs Ventures and introduced the Swap Widget.
- Curve also recently partnered with anyCall to add cross-chain gauges.
- The Ethereum mixer Tornado Cash blocked sanctioned wallet addresses from its frontend.
- US officials have allegedly tied North Korea’s Lazarus hackers to the $625M Ronin attack.
- The Toncoin ecosystem fund received $250M in funding from Huobi, Kucoin, and others.
- Fabric Ventures is looking to close two of their web3 funds at around 100M euros.
- White Star Capital raised $120M for their crypto fund, aimed at funding metaverse investments.
- BIoXroute secured $70M in funding, with the goal of funding their expansion.
- Nomad raised $22M in seed funding, aiming to produce security-first interoperability.
- EPNS received $10.1M in Series A funding, with the goal of building out their communication infrastructure.
- BreederDAO announced the launch of $BREED and the token’s public launch auction.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Circle, a stablecoin firm, received $400M in funding from co-lead investors BlackRock and Fidelity.
- Volt Protocol raised $2M in funding, aimed at creating an inflation-resistant stablecoin.
💎 NFT News
- Meta is planning to take a 50% cut on NFT/virtual asset sales in its own version of the metaverse.
- Alabama and Texas securities regulators gave an NFT casino scheme cease-and-desists.
- Context, a Web3 app, announced its $19.5M seed funding round.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 90th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋