Welcome to the 87th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between March 27th and April 3rd, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- The Ronin Bridge was exploited for 173,600 ETH and $25.5M USDC.
- Inverse Finance also suffered an exploit, losing $15M in funds.
- The EU parliament passed privacy-intrusive crypto rules, which would deanonymize many crypto transactions.
- Fantom announced their 335M $FTM incentive program, also utilizing gitcoin grants.
- The HBAR Foundation established its own crypto-economy fund.
- AirSwap revealed its third version on March 30th, which has new trading protocols and dev tools.
- Paradigm also announced Foundry v0.2.0, which has faster compilation and other quality-of-life features.
- Alpha Finance Lab recently rebranded to Alpha Venture DAO, aiming to enter the Web3 ecosystem.
- LayerZero Labs raised $135M in funding, with the goal of creating omnichain crypto networks.
- Composable Finance closed a $32M Series A funding round recently.
- CoWDAO secured $23M in funding, aiming to use the funds for the CoW protocol.
- Burrow, a NEAR native money market, raised $5M in their funding round.
- ZkLend, a money market protocol, raised $5M in seed funding, with the lead investor being Delphi Digital.
- Sprout, a token/equity management startup, raised $3M in funding.
- DFlow closed a $2M seed funding round recently, with the round co-led by Multicoin Capital and Framework Ventures.
💎 NFT News
- OpenSea appears to be looking at support for Solana NFTs.
- Minting was live on DexGuru from March 30th to April 1st, with 12K+ NFTs minted.
- Upshot announced Upshot analytics, a dashboard for NFT data and appraisals.
- 8000+ Pudgy Penguin NFTs have been sold to Luca Netz for $2.5M.
- Blur raised $11M in funding on the 28th of March, with the lead investors being Paradigm, eGirl Capital, and Keyboard Monkey.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 88th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋