Welcome to the 85th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between March 13th and March 20th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Agave was recently exploited alongside Hundred Finance, as the investigation tanks $AGVE by over 20%.
- LI.FI was also recently exploited.
- Ethereum announced their Kiln Merge Testnet on their blog, the last one before public testnets are upgraded.
- MetaMask recently surpassed 30M users, as they continue to plan their DAO and token.
- The Coinbase wallet announced official support for the Solana ecosystem recently.
- Aave officially released its third version of the Aave protocol.
- The dYdX foundation is proposing a legal framework for Non-U.S. Trusts in DAOs.
- Synthetix is planning to launch perpetual futures on Optimism soon.
- Kwenta also announced their beta perpetual futures launch involved with Synthetix.
- Ellipsis, close to their anniversary, announced their future plans.
- Parallel Finance launched their new project, named DeFi’s ‘Super App’, for the Polkadot Ecosystem.
- Project Galaxy announced their token, $GAL’s, airdrop.
- Figment partnered with Unslashed Finance to bring on-chain staking insurance protection to their platform.
- ConsenSys raised $450M in Series D funding at a $7B valuation.
- Optimism raised funding at a $1.65B valuation, backed by investors Paradigm and a16z.
- Spartan Group launched their own Spartan Labs, ready with $100M in funding.
- Archimedes raised $2.4M in an oversubbed pre-seed round, aiming to provide high-quality leverage to DeFi.
- Unloc raised $1.25M in seed funding on March 14th.
💱 DEX Report
- Matcha, a DEX, began geoblocking trades on March 15th.
💎 NFT News
- Zuckerberg recently stated that Instagram is to integrate NFTs into their platform soon.
- A mysterious figure borrowed 5 Bored Ape NFTs to claim an airdrop of $1.1M in APE tokens.
- The original Winamp skin is selling as an NFT token containing an image.
- Eden, an NFT Marketplace built on Solana, raised $27M in a Series A funding round.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 86th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋