Welcome to the 79th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between January 30th and February 6th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- The Solana Wormhole Bridge was exploited for $300M.
- Hester Peirce of the SEC warned that the SEC’s proposed reform of Securities Trading Platforms can threaten DeFi.
- GFX is having suspicions that a large investor is trying to manipulate Compound governance.
- ConsenSys acquired MyCrypto for an undisclosed amount.
- Gearbox Protocol talked about Gearbox DAO coordination and also rewards to the first active contributors.
- WeMeta was recently launched, with the goal of being the world’s first Metaverse analysis engine.
- Phantom, a Solana wallet, raised $109M, which raised the company’s value to $1.2B.
- Dune Analytics raised $69.420M recently, right after earning a $1B valuation.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- The Federal Reserve released new research recently on the risks and benefits of stablecoins.
💎 NFT News
- The Bored Ape Yacht Club is in talks about funding with a16z, reportedly raising at $5B valuation.
- Buzzfeed News found the real names of the Bored Ape Yacht Club’s founders.
- Toilet-paper themed NFTs were sold by an organization named RIP Medical Debt, with the $7M being used to wipe out medical debt for others.
- 0x Protocol V4 recently announced multi-chain NFT swaps.
- Jacob Frantz spoke about Flashmint, a protocol for minting NFTs from the allowlist.
- Pixel Vault, a massive collection of NFT superheroes, raised $100M in funding.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 80th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋