Welcome to the 75th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between December 26th and January 9th, 2022.
Looking for work in the DeFi field? We have a list of available, vetted jobs in multiple places. Find it here.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Polygon fixed a vulnerability discovered on December 3rd by 2 whitehat hackers and paid $2.2M in stablecoins to Leon Spacewalker and Whitehat2 500K Matic.
- Coinbase recently released its 10 predictions for Web3 and the Crypto Economy of 2022.
- PieDAO and BasketDAO recently created a proposal for onboarding by PieDAO of Basket’s current community.
- Hermes Finance was recently formed, which is a project aimed at making OHM Bonds and a market for trading them.
- Richard Chen also made some predictions for 2022, and also did a recap of his 2021 predictions.
- Looking for token swapping projects? We recently discussed KyberSwap on our blog, and what it is, why use it, and its liquidity mining and yield farming program.
- Arbitrum went down for roughly 10 hours, with no group of new blocks being created in that time.
- There is a bug in place that causes risk for any ERC-1155 tokens if they were previously listed for sale on OpenSea, allowing others to buy it at a lower price from you even if you weren’t intending to sell it.
- The CFTC fined Polymarket, a crypto betting service, for $1.4M, due to their betting pools being constituted as binary options.
- Estonia recently announced new crypto legislation, mainly aiming to implement its awaited FATF guidance with no safeguards in place.
- OpenSea recently raised $300M in Series C funding, with the goal of improving its marketplace.
- Olympus DAO recently introduced V2 bonds, with features like auto-staking and flexible vesting.
- The Serum community foundation raised $75M in token sales, with the lead investor being Tiger Global.
- The [REDACTED] Cartel revealed its acquisition of Votemak, one of the bribe facilitators for Tokemak reactors.
- DropList introduced itself to the world, with its main goal being to help attract new users from existing tokens with targeted airdrops, all in an easy way.
- Electric Capital revealed its developer report, with them fingerprinting almost 500K repositories and 160M commits across Web3 for the report.
- CryptoSlam raised $9M in strategic funding, with the lead investor being Animoca Brands, with some participation from OKEx Blockdream Ventures, Mark Cuban, and others.
- Aave recently released a new market where users can earn yield by helping small businesses tap liquidity from crypto markets, utilizing a partnership with Centrifuge.
💱 DEX Report
- dYdX now offers gasless deposits and 0x swaps with the objective of improving its onboarding experience.
💎 NFT News
- OpenSea banned NFT projects recently that were selling fake Bored Ape Yacht Club avatars.
- Opium recently introduced their new NFT cat avatars, which allow users who own them to utilize them as proof of their verification, achievements, reputation, and access to special projects.
- NFTs are now moving to influence Congress, with a company registering to lobby the federal government on NFTs.
- Samsung announced 3 new TVs to be released in 2022, with the capability to find, buy, and trade NFTs.
- JPG, an NFT curation site, went live after raising $3.8M in seed funding, with the platform’s goal of changing who can build an art gallery.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- PayPal says that it’s exploring a stablecoin after a developer discovered it in their code.
- Vesta Finance, a project that is trying to build a capital-efficient stablecoin, recently announced its funding round made up of individuals like Calvin Chu and others.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 76th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋