Welcome to the 71st issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between November 28th and December 5th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides, and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- The Badger DAO Protocol got exploited for $120M on December 1st. Celsius was also reportedly affected in the exploit of Badger.
- MonoXFinance recently got exploited for $31M, on the Polygon and Ethereum blockchains.
- Habitat recently experienced an exploit on the 1st of December, where around $1M was stolen.
- Matt Zhang, a Citigroup Alum, launched a $1.5B crypto-investing venture at the end of November.
- BancorDAO proposed a new version of the Bancor protocol, Bancor 3, which adds features like dual-sided rewards, along with offering full impermanent loss protection.
- Perpetual Protocol V2, also known as Curie, was recently deployed to the Optimism Mainnet.
- Lyra is holding a token distribution of $LYRA to qualifying members, with the tokens being claimable for 6 months at 0:00 UTC time on December 14th.
- We recently talked with Anastasiya Belyaeva of PieDAO, which aims to create passive income products for everyone, and care about financial inclusion. Find it here.
- The crypto investment firm, Maven 11 Capital, closed a $120M investment fund, aimed at DeFi and Web3 apps.
- XY Finance raised $12M on the 29th of November, in an attempt to revolutionize the cross-chain blockchain ecosystem.
- Solv Protocol recently raised $4M in Series A funding, with the lead investor being Blockchain Capital and many others.
- Impossible Finance recently received an undisclosed amount of funds from Avalanche, to help their expansion into the Avalanche ecosystem.
- PathDAO also closed a seed round with an undisclosed amount of funds, and the co-lead investors were DeFiance Capital and Merit Circle.
💱 DEX Report
- Flux recently held a Token Launch Auction, for $FLX, made through Copper.
- Hxro raised $31M, to help build derivatives trading infrastructure for Solana. The co-lead investors were Susquehanna International Group and Jump Crypto.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 72nd issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋