Welcome to the 68th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between November 7th and November 14th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides, and more with daily updates.
We’d also like to know who you would nominate for DeFi person of the year 2021.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Uniswap seems to be rebranding, adding a new logo and different variations for tokens, merch, billboards, and other use cases.
- The SEC recently made a statement on November 9th about DeFi, and its risks, regulation, and opportunities.
- Klima DAO recently accumulated 9M tonnes of carbon offsets, valued at $100M USD.
- ConsenSys recently fixed integration with MetaMask and Ledger on Chrome.
- xDai reportedly wants a Gnosis merger to stay more relevant among competitors. However, token holders are pointing out that Gnosis’ terms are going to result in a hostile takeover if the deal goes through.
- RomeDAO recently announced their community token distribution to be Nov. 16-20, and its launch to be late November/early December.
- Tempus is also about to launch their governance token $TEMP via a Balancer LBP auction on Copper, on the 16th of November.
- Dystopia Labs recently launched $WGMI, a social token/ecosystem which is intended for global event access.
- zkSync recently raised $50M from Matter Labs, with there also being new investors like a16z, Blockchain.com, and Crypto.com.
- Neon Labs, a developer of a Solana EVM, which allows dApps like Aave to deploy on Neon’s Solana EVM without learning Rust, raised $40M recently.
- Sequoia, a VC giant, has recently participated in the investing round which raised $22M for the DeFi project Parallel, while also seemingly having a relationship with Coinbase Custody.
- Saddle, a AMM that wants to reduce slippage in DeFi trading, raised $7.5M.
- Jet Protocol recently announced a $6.8M funding round, with major investors like Paradigm and Solana Ventures participating.
- Zebec Protocol recently launched on Solana, offering flexible payroll. Zebec also raised $5.5M recently, with the lead investor being Republic Capital.
💱 DEX Report
- The $ZRX token recently went live on dYdX. You can get a 10% fees discount with this link.
- $ENS also went live on FTX. You’re also able to use our link for 5% off of fees.
- Binance listed $ENS on November 10th, with trading pairs for ENS with BTC, BNB, BUSD, and USDT.
- Gelato unveiled Limit Orders/Frontrun protection, powered by mistX Labs and Flashbots.
💎 NFT News
- Rarible.com/Rarible Protocol recently integrated the Flow chain for a better NFT experience.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 69th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋