Welcome to the 60th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between September 12th and September 19th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides, and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Arbitrum recently had an incident in which no new blocks were generated for roughly 45 minutes, with Offchain Labs recently releasing an Outage Report.
- Solana’s blockchain validators recently restarted the network, after an hours-long transaction stoppage/outage.
- Optimistic ETH is unveiling updates for October, including one-click deploy and more.
- Polychain and Three Arrows Capital have recently collaborated to lead a $230M investment in the Avalanche blockchain.
- ETH’s Infura has recently released a tool that is designed to prevent overpayment of ETH transaction fees.
- Interested in on-chain Forex markets? We recently talked with Pascal Tallarida of Jarvis Network, and how they are building a fully on-chain Forex market, and how the Synthereum protocol works. Find it here.
- RECUR recently wrapped up its $50M Series A funding round, with the lead investor being DIGITAL.
- KyberDMM and Avalanche have recently collaborated, with KyberDMM launching on AVAL with more than $5.8M dollars in liquidity incentive.
- Apollo DAO recently raised $2.2M in a private funding round, with more than 50 investors participating.
💱 DEX Report
- 0xMaki, project lead behind Sushiswap is to reportedly step aside for now, and hand the position over to someone else.
- dTrade, a derivatives DEX, recently raised $22.8M for its market makers, and will also launch with deep liquidity.
💎 NFT News
- Apple is taking action against Apps hosting NFTs, deeming them “Not Appropriate” for the App Store. Gnosis Safe’s mobile app has reportedly already been blocked.
- NFTX.io has recently launched their Decentralized NFT market, which is powered by the NFTX protocol.
- Immutable Protocol has recently raised $60M for their carbon-conscious aimed NFT platform.
- OpenSea has recently confirmed that their executive used insider knowledge when deciding to buy NFTs that he knew were going to be displayed prominently.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 61st issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋