Welcome to the 59th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between September 5th and September 12th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides, and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- $ZABU, or Zabu Finance, was recently exploited for about $3.2M.
- The United States Treasury has reportedly had talks with crypto industry participants, to quiz them about the risks and possible benefits of stablecoins, to better respond to crypto’s rapid growth.
- Charles Randell, chair of the FCA and PSR, recently spoke to the Cambridge Internation Symposium on Economic Crime on the risks involved in regulating crypto tokens.
- Alpha Finance Lab is launching Provably Rare Gems soon, which can be shortened to GEMs. It is a collaboration with swit.eth, who originally made GEMs in the first place.
- EPNS’ governance framework is about to go live and launches on September 16th. Additionally, it arrived with a roadmap of Progressive Decentralized Governance.
- The OpenZeppelin Team is recommending that projects utilizing the UUPS proxy pattern should initialize their implementation contracts, due to the potential for a security vulnerability.
- Support for the 0X API on Avalanche was recently launched.
- The Harmony blockchain is offering task bounties, hackathon prizes, and more depending on if you fit their criteria.
- We recently talked with Sergey Onyshchenko of DeHive Finance, about how they are building a multi-chain asset management protocol, that would enable easy purchases and getting yields for already purchased assets. Find it here.
- The Algorand Foundation has recently launched a $300M USD Virdis Fund, to help support DeFi innovation in the industry.
- Eden Network has recently finished its $17.4M funding round, with the lead investor being Multicoin Capital, who additionally shows interest in MEV.
- SubQuery has recently wrapped up its $9M strategic investment round, with the round co-led by Arrington Capital, DCG, and Stratos Technologies.
- DeFi Land, a simulation game, has recently raised $4.1M to help launch the game on the Solana chain.
💱 DEX Report
- Binance has listed dYdX ($DYDX) in their Innovation Zone, with open trading available for pairs with BNB, BTC, BUSD, and USDT.
- Dex.guru has recently launched on Avalanche
- You are also eligible for a $GB (GoodBridging) airdrop if you used the Avalanche Bridge.
💎 NFT News
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 60th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋