Welcome to the 58th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between August 29th and September 5th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- CREAM Finance recently suffered a hack, with 418,311,571 in AMP and 1,308.09 in ETH stolen.
- Cryptocurrency’s rapid moves in the banking industry are reportedly setting off bells in Washington.
- Arbitrum recently launched its mainnet, while also raising $120M for the project.
- MetaMask has recently surpassed more than 10M monthly active users, which makes it the leading non-custodial crypto wallet. According to our recent poll more than 85% of crypto users use Metamask to interact with DeFi and NFT dApps.
- Polygon recently announced their Polygon Grant Hackathon, with 100K in the prize pool, and other prizes.
- Balancer Grants DAO recently brought Indexed into their ecosystem.
- RULER & COVER Protocol recently announced their shutdown and closure.
- Wondering what TCAP is? We recently talked with Joe Sticco of Cryptex about their development, and specifically how they are developing TCAP, a fully decentralized trustless total crypto market cap asset. Find it here.
- Recently we also talked with the APWine team, to find out how they are making their protocol of the same name. Find it here .
- Celo recently launched a $100M DeFi incentive program. The fund is aimed at bringing more people to the Celo DeFi ecosystem.
- Syndicate recently raised $20M in a Series A funding round, with the lead investor being Andreessen Horowitz.
- Trader Joe, an Avalanche-based DeFi protocol, recently raised $5M, with the lead investor being Three Arrows Capital.
- Hats.Finance recently raised $3.5M in seed funding, to help create an incentivized cybersecurity network.
- Parcel has recently closed a $2.5M seed funding round, with Dragonfly Capital being the lead investor.
- UXD protocol recently wrapped up a $3M seed funding round, with lead investors being Multicoin Capital and Alameda Research.
- Fantom recently announced a 370M FTM incentive program.
- OKEx is to reportedly list Adventure Gold’s native asset, AGLD, for spot trading.
💱 DEX Report
- UniSwap is reportedly under investigation by the SEC, with the SEC launching a probe into the dev team.
💎 NFT News
- Looking to explore Loot? Here’s a brief guide to Loot, what it even is, and also a podcast about why everyone is even talking about Loot.
- Looking for more NFT stuff? Check out this story here, where the author tells more about NFTs and strategy.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 59th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋