Welcome to the 51st issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between July 11th and July 18th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Anyswap’s V3 prototype was recently exploited, with around $7.9M stolen.
- Bondly Finance ($BONDLY) was also exploited pretty recently, with $1.5M pulled.
- The governing council of the ECB (European Central Bank) has decided to launch the digital euro project, after much research and testing.
- The S&P Dow Jones Indices has launched their new cryptocurrency index series, which includes a S&P Bitcoin Index.
- Gnosis Safe is going live on Layer 2, joining BSC and Polygon, and later Arbitrum in a few weeks.
- Drops Loans have recently been launched on the ETH mainnet, also with a liquidity mining program.
- The Set Protocol has recently gone live on Polygon, as they attempt to push the boundaries of asset management.
- Fidelity Digital is looking to expand their staff by about 70% due to still strong crypto demand.
- Nexo has wrapped up a strategic investment in Yield Inc, while also signaling vocal support for the DeFi ecosystem.
- Want to learn about Options? Wade Prospere recently talked about Partially Collateralized Options at Opyn. Find it here.
- The Blockchain security firm, CertiK, has announced a $37M Series B from important investors like Coatue, Shunwei Capital, and Coinbase Ventures.
- Blocknative has raised $12M so that they can scale core transaction monitoring infrastructure, making mempool data accessible to blockchain builders and traders.
- The interoperability project, Connext, has raised $12M from 1kx, with their approach being that how they move funds is similar to how AMMs operate.
- The DeFi wallet, Phantom, has raised $9M in Series A funding, led by A16z (Andreessen Horowitz).
- Superfluid has raised $9M so they can build the “real-time finance economy”.
- ClayStack has recently raised $5.2M in seed funding, co-led by investors CoinFund and ParaFi.
- Seed Club has raised $2M in a contribution round so they can build a “YCombinator of Tokenized Communities”. Contributors include Packy McCormick, Stani Kulechov, Denis Nazarov, and many more.
- Tempus has recently closed a $1.9M seed funding round so that they can build a novel DeFi protocol for novel secondary markets on yield. Investors include GSR, Divergence Ventures, Supernova, and more.
💱 DEX Report
- Polychain has led a $21M round for a Retail-Trader-Oriented DEX, created by Clipper.
- Optimism has recently received a deployment of Uniswap V3 in an Alpha Launch.
- ShapeShift has moved to decentralize its entire company, dissolving all corporate structure and also executing the largest airdrop ever to over 1M customers and members of the community.
💎 NFT News
- Nifty’s has launched a NFT-focused social media platform with $10M in seed funding.
- PleasrDAO has recently used NFTs as a collateral for a $3.5M loan from the Iron Bank.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 52nd issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋