Welcome to the 49th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between June 27th and July 4th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Merlin Labs $MERL, was recently exploited for almost $300K, with Merlin Labs working on a solution.
- SafeDollar $SDO was recently exploited for $250K, all in one transaction. Maybe exploit season is coming to Polygon?
- Compound Labs has recently launched its ‘Treasury’, to try to get big investment firms reaping DeFi yields.
- Robinhood has reported that Dogecoin accounted for 34% of crypto revenue in the first quarter of 2021.
- Aave, Fireblocks, and Galaxy Explore have attempted to take the next step towards permissioned DeFi, but at a potential cost.
- Element protocol has recently gone live on the Ethereum mainnet on June 30th.
- C.R.E.A.M. Finance is coming to Polygon, and is launching their monkey markets.
- Sam Altman and his startup, Worldcoin, are developing an orb-shaped invention that will be able to read a person’s iris, and his company seeks volunteers to scan their eyeball in exchange for crypto.
- Interested in the Liquity protocol? Robert Lauko of Liquity itself told us about how their protocol allows interest-free loans, is fully backed by Ether, controlled by the algorithm itself, and more. Find out here.
- Mintable recently secured $13M in Series A funding, with participation from Ripple, Metapurse, Animoca Brands, and more.
- Nansen has raised $12M in a Series A, led by a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), who have recently started focusing on crypto investments.
- Tracer DAO has recently raised $4.5M, with a goal of bringing their perpetual swaps to the Arbitrum mainnet in the coming months.
- DinoSwap has recently raised $4M, led by main crypto VC funds which include Hashed, Defiance, and more.
- Coinvise has raised $2.5M so they can build a social network aimed at the Web3 Creator economy.
- Syndicate has raised $800K from more than 100 community members, which include early users, partners, friends, and more.
💱 DEX Report
- CoinMarketCap has recently launched Token Swaps, allowing you to swap your tokens on one more website and with the help of Uniswap.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Coinbase recently debuted their crypto savings accounts with a 4% APY on the deposits of USDC.
💎 NFT News
- Twitter has joined the recent NFT craze with 140 collections of NFTs, available on Rarible, despite the craze slowing down.
- Yearn Finance has recently introduced Woofy NFTs on ‘Project Galaxy’, as a way to commemorate Woofy’s makeover, their hodlers, and to use as many puns as possible.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 50th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋