Welcome to the 44th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between May 23rd and May 30th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Belt Finance was also recently exploited.
- According to a report, Crypto hedge funds managed almost $3.8B in 2020, according to a report from firm PwC.
- The crypto startup Circle has reportedly raised $440M in a new funding round.
- Huobi is already restricting Chinese citizens from crypto derivatives trading and some mining services, along with OKEx pausing trading for some Chinese customers ahead of the government crackdown.
- Opium and UMA are to reportedly launch Decentralized Insurance for SpaceX flights, and many more products.
- Ever wondered if ETH gas fees are tax deductible? Find out here.
- Mark Cuban has recently invested a lot into Polygon.
- Set has reportedly raised a $14M Series A, led by investors like 1kx and Hashed.
- Meme.com, a platform which pairs memes with tokens, has reportedly raised $5M from investors like Outlier Ventures and many more.
- Lossless has completed a $2.245M Private Sale Round, with decent investor interest.
💱 DEX Report
- Some Upstart Peer-to-Peer Dexes are taking aim at Coinbase, according to Wall Street Journal.
💎 NFT News
- GameStop is reportedly hiring developers for a new NFT platform.
- The Blockchain startup, Propy, has planned the first-ever auction of a real apartment as a collectible NFT.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 45th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋