Welcome to the 43rd issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between May 16th and May 23rd, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Unofficial Ethereum Q1 2021 results.
- BUNNY Finance also recently got exploited for more than $40M.
- FinNexus was recently exploited for more than $7.6M.
- Bogged Finance, or $BOG, also got exploited with a flashloan for more than $3.6M.
- Venus had a domino effect that caused a large string of market liquidations in the XVS market
- Tether is reportedly launching on the Avalanche blockchain.
- Coinbase Wallet has introduced a new browser extension that aims to more easily connect dapps and DeFi on your desktop.
- CoinDesk recently announced $DESK, their new token rewards program.
- Convex Finance, a protocol aiming to simplify boosting rewards for CRV stakers and liquidity providers, went live this week.
- The Alpha for Teller, an open-source protocol that interacts with consumer data to calculate default risk, and offers unsecured crypto-asset loans, went live around this week.
- A DeFi Dashboard, Zapper, has raised $15M to attempt to build an On-Platform App Store.
- Flux Protocol also raised $10.3M in a seed round to build more DeFi infrastructure on NEAR.
💱 DEX Report
- MCDEX closed a $7M investment led by investors like Alameda Research and Delphi Ventures.
- SecretSwap v2 recently went live this week.
- DeversiFi has closed a $5M funding round led by investors like ParaFi.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 44th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋