Welcome to the 42nd issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between May 9th and May 16th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- xToken got recently exploited for $25M.
- bEarn also got exploited recently for $11M.
- More than $1.8M was stolen from BSC’s PancakeSwap lottery pool.
- After their attack, Rari Capital has allocated more than $26M from their developer fund to compensate the victims.
- According to a report from CipherTrace, more than $156M was stolen in DeFi hacks just this year.
- The Maker Foundation Company is focusing on its dissolution at the earliest for December 31st, 2021, as the next step for decentralization.
- Want to know about the best Polygon DeFi Projects and its ecosystem? Find out here.
- Binance is to reportedly list Shiba Inu (SHIB) in their innovation zone.
- AKITA, SHIB, and a few other dog themed tokens were sending LP tokens to Vitalik Buterin wallet in a kind of marketing gesture. Then VB dumped these tokens and donated profits to charity.
- Aave is revealing a ‘permissioned pool’ for institutions.
- Tether has detailed their reserve composition for the very first time.
- Opium Protocol and their turbos have gone live on BSC.
- Wall Street traders are finding new leases and using old tricks in the crypto market.
- Elon Musk’s appearance on SNL didn’t help the value of DOGE, and definitely didn’t help his public appearance.
- Curve has recently begun discussion on further expansion of sidechains and L2s.
- Huobi Group’s Investment Arm has dedicated more than $100M to DeFi investment.
- The Brooker Group, a listed financial consultancy, is to invest almost $50M in DeFi and dapps.
- dTrade has closed a $6.4M seed investment round with Three Arrows Capital, Polychain, and more.
- The Polkadot-centric derivatives exchange has raised more than $6.4M in seed investment funding.
- The founders of Deribit are leading a $2.5M round for a decentralized referral network, Attrace.
💱 DEX Report
- The DEX aggregator ParaSwap has raised more than $3M in a seed extension round.
- Balancer V2 also launched this week, after a year in development.
- The DOGE-USD Perpetual market has recently gone live on a Layer 2 at dYdX.
💎 NFT News
- Binance is announcing Binance NFT, a large NFT Marketplace launching in June of 2021.
- Sky Mavis Series A has raised more than $7.5M so that they can scale Axie Infinity and NFT gaming to millions of users.
- JennyDAO has raised $7M to acquire and fractionalize many NFT Collections.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 43rd issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋