Welcome to the 40th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between April 25th and May 2nd, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Uranium Finance, based on BSC, has unfortunately recently received a hack of about $50M.
- Spartan protocol contract was exploited, more than $30M loss
- Over 2M users in Ethereum DeFi protocols
- US Bank will reportedly launch crypto custody.
- Ethereum and Tezos have just been connected together via Wrap Protocol blockchain bridge.
- Metamask recently surpassed more than 5M monthly active users on its wallet.
- The second version of the Dracula Protocol went live, as it aims to improve user experience, cap DRC supply, improve staking of DRC, and more.
- According to an article, Pocket node operators have generated 10M POKT in total network revenue since its mainnet launch, and have also sold $9.3M of its token to developers and node operators.
- Recently an On-chain Genesis Vote had gone live and had completed to form a tokenized governance for the B Protocol.
- Protocol Cover, a more versatile protection against “inherent risks” in DeFi by Nexus Mutual, has recently launched.
- Alchemy has raised $80M, at a $505M valuation, as they attempt to be the “AWS for blockchain.”
- Polygon has launched a $100M fund, in an attempt to support DeFi adoption.
- Bumper, a DeFi Crypto Volatility Protection Plan, has raised $10M from investors.
- Notional has also raised $10M to grow it’s DeFi lending protocol, which, according to them, has “Real world potential.”
- Dfyn has recently completed seed and private financing rounds, raising $2.4M in total.
💱 DEX Report
- Nerve Finance has recently created the Nerve Bridge expanding to Solana.
- Bancor Progress Update (April 2021)
- Hashflow: A Decentralized Crypto Brokerage - protocol that connects users on-chain to the top crypto market makers
- Balancer-Gnosis-Protocol flexible liquidity pools enabled by a single-vault architecture and asset managers, with price-finding mechanism and MEV protection
💎 NFT News
- Reportedly, Binance will soon launch an NFT marketplace and more.
- According to an article, the crypto firm Outlier Ventures wants to do ICOs with NFTs.
- What’re NFT Index Funds? Find it out in our interview with NFTX core contributor ChopChop.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 41st issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋