Welcome to the 39th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between April 18th and April 25th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Wyoming has recently passed a bill recognizing DAOs to be legally accepted as a LLC.
- Reportedly, BAL and UNI call options available on the UMA platform.
- On the 19th of April, the Liquidations 2.0 Upgrade Vote went live and finished up, in an attempt to improve Maker Protocol system efficiency and safeguard DAI.
- Alpha Homora Version Two is relaunching, with many innovative features for all types of lenders and yield farmers.
- The Hegic Protocol has had a governance soft launch, with a $500 reward open for the most active users.
- Airdrop alert! Ampleforth protocol governance token FORTH for traders who have interacted with the AMPL token on-chain.
- $SOL and $SUSHI have gone live on the perpetual markets of the dYdX Protocol.
- Synthetic Stocks have also gone live on Kwenta, a platform designed for derivatives trading with almost infinite liquidity.
- The Decentralized derivatives exchange protocol, Injective, has raised $10M from investors like Pantera Capital and Mark Cuban.
- If you’re interested in tokenization of real-world assets, NAOS Finance has closed a $5.1M funding round led by investors including CMS, Spartan, and Lemniscap.
- Tokemak has raised $4M from Framework Ventures, Coinbase Ventures, and many others to build a “liquidity reactor” for DeFi.
- Smoothy has raised $2.4M in a private funding round, so that they can continue their goal of creating low-cost zero-slippage swapping, and maximize interest earning for you.
- Launch X, a decentralized multi-chain IDO launchpad, has recently closed a $600K funding round led by Marshall Capital and others.
💱 DEX Report
- Decentralized Trading platform DexGuru, has raised $1M in a seed funding round.
- Version two of the Balancer protocol went live on April 20th, with open source contracts that are public.
- Balancer Labs have also offered $2M as a bug bounty to spot vulnerabilities during their version two launch.
💎 NFT News
- CoinGecko has fully launched the “NFT Spotlight” to help highlight many more crypto artists, and help them be more appreciated and connect with an audience and buyers.
- NFTb has secured funding from BSC Ecosystem Fund to build an NFT and digital goods marketplace.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 40th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋