Welcome to the 38th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between April 11th and April 18th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- According to a report, Big crypto VC deals have already doubled in 2021 compared to the full year of 2020.
- The decentralized organization 0x DAO, created by ZRX holders, has fully gone live.
- Theta Vaults, an option to earn high yield on ETH through running automated call strategies, has gone live.
- Gicoin has grown its treasury to accelerate open-source developers to earn while building projects.
- ConsenSys has fully closed its $65M funding round led by large investors like JPMorgan, Mastercard, and more.
- The DeFi mutual fund, Sheesha Finance, has raised $9.4M to make decentralized finance more accessible to the mainstream.
- For those involved with Nerve Finance, they have recently secured a funding round led by investors like Three Arrows Capital, CMS, Alameda Research, and more.
- Reportedly, Huobi DeFiLabs has invested in Antimatter, a service with the goal of delivering innovative on-chain options for products across the DeFi ecosystem.
- Defiant Media has reportedly raised $1.4M in a pre-seed round to build a Financial Information Platform for Web3.
- Binance has led a $1.6M seed round for the DeFi startup MOUND, also known as the developer of Pancake Bunny.
- Enso Finance has raised $5M with the goal of enabling composable trading and social trading strategies in DeFi.
- The DeFi tracker Step Finance has raised $2M from investors in the Solana Ecosystem.
- The dVIX protocol has secured funding to develop volatility indexes on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Coin98 Labs, a DeFi arm of Coin98, has raised a seed round led by investors including Hashed, ParaFi, Multicoin, Spartan and more.
- BENQI has closed a $6M strategic round, to fund its goal of creating algorithmic liquidity markets on Avalanche.
- The cross-chain Aggregation protocol, O3 Swap, has secured a $2M investment.
- Pendle has raised $3.7M from leading investors, with the goal of creating the next layer of DeFi Yield Markets.
💱 DEX Report
- Traders interested in Uniswap and Aave should know that the dYdX exchange has now listed Uniswap and Aave markets on their platform.
- The Crypto DEX MakiSwap has raised $1.4M from leading investors to build a Yield Farming platform, along with a AMM exchange, on Heco.
- For users of ShapeShift, they have recently launched new, decentralized native bitcoin trading through integration with the THORChain.
💎 NFT News
- MEME v2 has officially been released.
- The USPS has planned to support postage tokens, digitally stamped on ePostage labels and the physical item being mailed.
- A mysterious, yet known digital artist Pak has recently launched an NFT burning platform, named burn.art, along with a token named ASH.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 39th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋