Welcome to the 37th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between April 4th and April 11th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Experts and even the MakerDAO CEO have recently stated that DeFi needs much more regulatory clarity if it plans on interacting with real world assets.
- According to a survey, 9% of US teens state that they have traded cryptocurrencies, 81% of those being male.
- For those eyeing the SEC (as always), CipherTrace has developed a new tool that lets DeFi protocols comply with the OFAC sanctions.
- C.R.E.A.M. has decided to launch Iron Bank flash loans, at the same time attempting to eye cross-chain capital efficiency.
- Meanwhile, on the Ethereum mainnet, Liquity, a decentralized borrowing protocol, has gone live.
- In partnerships, the Mirror Protocol has joined EasyFi’s ecosystem, to further bring Tokenized Stocks and commodities money markets on BSC.
- CoinGecko is letting people know that they are introducing a new premium experience.
- Those who are interested in funding and seed rounds, Loda has secured a $3M fund to bring more collateralized and uncollateralized crypto lending to the Pacific and Asian markets.
💱 DEX Report
- For Harmony users, one of the top leading DEX’s, Sushi, has launched on the Harmony protocol, allowing you new trading options in a growing suite of applications.
- If you’re interested in automated market making, the Kyber Dynamic Market Maker protocol, or DMM, had their beta launch this week.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Fei Protocol published vulnerability postmortem, had a post launch peg discussion, and is now running a snapshot vote to figure out what to do with FEI off the peg.
💎 NFT News
- For those on the NFT trend, NFTX has launched a brand new UI for its protocol, which brings you much better and needed benefits for minting.
- Binance and, interestingly enough, Mr. Beast have invested in the Refinable platform, BSC’s first NFT market.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 38th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋