Welcome to the 36th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between March 28th and April 4th, 2021.
Want more in-depth knowledge? We have communications over at our Telegram channel @defiprime. Check out defiprime’s latest news, interviews, guides and more with daily updates.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- ForceDAO has recently been exploited.
- Visa has made a major step forward, moving to allow payment settlements using crypto.
- Tether has taken a step forward toward transparency, publishing an attestation.
- Illuvium BLP Launchpad had recently closed for April 2nd, with $90M+ in traded volume.
- The HAUS token went live on March 29th.
- Opium has announced a new implementation of the Optimistic Oracles for DeFi.
- Saffron Finance has announced a strategic partnership with BonFi.
- imToken has joined with Matter Labs to support zkSync.
- imToken has announced a $30M Series B investment round.
- Liquidity has raised $6M in Series A Funding, with investments from Pantera Capital and others.
- Element Finance has raised $4.4M to bring more liquidity to fixed rate income and interest markets.
- Polychain Capital and others have helped the DeFi lending protocol, Greenwood, raise $2M in a seed round.
- Gro has raised $7.1M in a seed round, with the goal of making DeFi more accessible.
- Mask Network has received investment from Binance, in an effort to build a Web 3.0 Multi-Chain universe.
💱 DEX Report
- xU3LP/Uniswap V3 is continuing to progress.
- Integral, a platform combining features of Uniswap and Binance, has gotten $239M in funding for the platform on the launch day.
- Caspian, an L2-Powered AMM was recently announced.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- $FEI has launched, and had over $1B in trading volume, and immediately lost $1 peg. Retail investors got predictably rekt.
- Visa has also completed the first cryptocurrency transaction, using Ethereum.
💎 NFT News
- ConsenSys has announced a layer-two NFT platform, named Palm, to compete with Flow.
- The NFT Art Market SuperRare has raised $9M from none other than Mark Cuban, Samsung and others.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 37th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋