Welcome to the 35th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between March 21st and March 28th, 2021.
Want to mine some yield farming knowledge? We’re leaking alpha. Check out defiprime’s new Alpha DeFi community forum, where we regularly launch great new yield farming guides!
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Uniswap team has revealed details for v3, reporting it to be, “4000x more capital efficient.”
- Ethereum Layer 2 network, Hermez, using ZK-Rollups, has gone live.
- The US SEC Commissioner, Hester Peirce, has outlined some issues in DeFi regulation.
- The RULER Emission Improvement proposal was recently passed by the community.
- Kanon has released key details of the K21 ERC20 token, along with related tokenomics.
- Brave browser is to reportedly integrate a dedicated BSC DeFi wallet.
- Alpha Finance Lab had announced that ALPHA tokenomics is launching soon.
- Covalent, a Blockchain data provider, has raised $2M to decentrialize its platform further.
- Ellipsis.finance is to launch on BSC in March.
- StarkWare has also raised $75M in Series B funding, led by Paradigm.
- Developers have reportedly raised $8M to build a new DeFi Primitive.
- ColdStack has closed its first funding round, which had leading Blockchain VCs.
- For seed funding, EPNS has closed its 10x oversubscribed extended seed round.
- APWine has also closed its $1M seed round.
- Charm Finance, an AMM that creates liquidity for decentralized options, has raised seed investment.
💱 DEX Report
- Opium Network is one of the first adopters of pNetwork’s new bridge for BSC, announcing staking $OPIUM on the BSC version of 1inch, a DEX aggregator.
- The Defi DEX exchange SushiSwap is facing a dilemma in unlocking $880M in tokens.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
💎 NFT News
- Dragonfly Capital has launched a new $225M fund to invest in NFT, DeFi, and many more crypto projects.
- Genesis Shards has raised $2.7M to create a new pre-IDO market using DeFi NFT options.
- Nifty’s, a NFT platform, backed by major investors, has bought into MEME, with a MEME v2 date announced.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 36th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋