Welcome to the 34th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between March 14th and March 21st, 2021.
Want to mine some yield farming knowledge? We’re leaking alpha. Check out defiprime’s new Alpha DeFi community forum, where we regularly launch great new yield farming guides!
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- The social tokens platform Roll was exploited on March 14th, with $5.7M stolen.
- Bank of America has stated that they see DeFi as, “Potentially more disruptive than Bitcoin.”
- Morgan Stanley has become the first big US bank to offer wealthy clients access to funds for Bitcoin.
- Unmarshal has raised $2.6M from industry heavyweights to build a multi-chain data indexing protocol.
- Speaking of funding, Vegas has closed a $5M raise, with investment from Arrington Capital, Cumberland DRW, and Coinbase Ventures.
- Also, Tally, a startup in DeFi, has raised $1.5M to boost On-Chain Governance.
- Maple Finance has also funded $1.4M for its DeFi lending platform.
- Syndicate has raised $1M for a crypto-investing social network.
- Finally, Volmex has secured funding, in an effort to bring tokenized volatility to Ethereum.
- Also, DeFiance Capital has joined the Bancor protocol as strategic advisors.
- Ethermine has added front-running software to offset EIP 1559 losses of revenue.
- Binance has listed PERP, or perpetual protocol, in the innovation zone on March 19th, at 8 AM UTC.
- Fuse protocol, made by Rari Capital, went live on March 18th.
- The LAO has created the new Neptune DAO focused on providing DeFi on Ethereum and other blockchains with liquidity.
- Recently, the number of total DeFi users recently surged to a 1.6M mark, and many protocols now have hundreds of daily active users.
- bZx Torque and Fulcrum went live on Binance Smart Chain.
- Aave’s AMM market was released on the 16th of March.
💱 DEX Report
- DexGuru has announced its launch on BSC.
- SushiSwap has launched on Avalanche, which brings another DEX to Avalanche’s growing ecosystem DeFi.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Terraform Labs has activated Anchor, a DeFi protocol, which promises 20% returns, along with the firm stating that it will help its stablecoin, UST, overtake DAI.
💎 NFT News
- Bounce has recently raised a funding round from Coinbase Ventures, Pantera, and Blockchain capital to build a NFT auction house.
- Hackers have reportedly targeted NFT marketplace Nifty’s giveaway users.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 35th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋