Welcome to the 27th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between Jan. 24th and Jan. 31st, 2021.
Want to mine some yield farming knowledge? We’re leaking alpha. Check out defiprime’s new Alpha DeFi community forum, where we regularly launch great new yield farming guides! Also, check out our Biggest DeFi Hacks in 2020 and Current State of Ethereum L2.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Ethereum has hit the limelight …
- Reddit has partnered with the Ethereum Foundation to collaborate on Ethereum scaling efforts.
- Ethereum dev studio ConsenSys released its Q4 2020 DeFi report.
- Opium Finance releases collateralized debt obligations (CDOs) through Compound Finance. The project also just unveiled the OPIUM governance token.
- Set Protocol’s V2 Asset Manager Suite is now live! Launch your own Sets now as you please.
- Meet Ruler Protocol, a first-of-its-kind DeFi lending protocol.
- Down for a great DeFi interview? Then don’t miss this great new podcast featuring Trent Elmore, a co-founder of Yam Finance.
- Binance just launched a CRV staking program.
- Grayscale is launching new trusts around DeFi tokens like AAVE and UNI.
- Aave released its V1-to-V2 migration tool.
- You’ll be able to use Dogecoin as collateral in DeFi soon enough!
- uLABS released the uVOL-BTC volatility token.
- Klondike, a platform for algorithmic synthetic assets, has launched.
- defiprime published a “Current State of Ethereum L2” guide this week.
- Looking to learn more about optimistic rollups? Paradigm has you covered.
- We have Elon Musk out here liking DeFi tweets …
💱 DEX Report
- Balancer is now running a gas reimbursement program. Very cool! Will we see other DEXes adopt the model? The project also just released a “Balancer V1 in Review” report.
- Decentralized margin trading platform dYdX just raised $10M in a new investment round.
- DODO introduced its new Vending Machine feature, which is focused around simplifying market making.
- 0x’s v4 protocol is now live!
- You can now use Uniswap LP and Sushiswap LP tokens as collateral in C.R.E.A.M.
- Bancor just released a new guide on how to participate in its BNT liquidity mining campaign.
- ParaSwap introduced a new UI and its v3 system.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Malt Protocol, a new algorithmic stablecoin project, is trying to improve where its predecessors have faltered.
💎 NFT News
- CoinFund’s Jake Brukhman published an excellent article on NFT liquidity this week.
- Famous investor Mark Cuban has been diving into NFTs in recent days.
- New NFT project Hashmasks has captured a lot of attention fast. Here’s a great write-up on what the project’s all about.
- Cooper Turley published an excellent survey of the NFT issuance landscape.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 28th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋