Welcome to the 26th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between Jan. 17th and Jan. 24th, 2021.
Want to mine some yield farming knowledge? We’re leaking alpha. Check out defiprime’s new Alpha DeFi community forum, where we regularly launch great new yield farming guides! Also, check out our Biggest DeFi Hacks in 2020 and DeFi Person of the Year 2020 awards.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Ethereum will soon be deflationary, if the recent progress of EIP-1559 is any indication.
- Maker is looking at implementing a new Term Lending Module (TLM).
- Yearn officially launched its first V2 vaults.
- Stake DAO, a new multi-service DeFi platform, just launched.
- DeFi needs an Ethereum-native claims arbitrator, says Jimmy Ragosa.
- Enzyme Protocol (formerly Melon) released its latest community update.
- Meet the new elastic BTC-pegged token, $DIGG.
- BarnBridge just released a new Standards and Disclosures post.
- Yam Finance published its Yam Weekly Brief #1.
- B.Protocol’s new integration atop Compound is rolling out a new “fairness mechanism.”
- Coinbase acquired blockchain infrastructure startup Bison Trails.
- This week defiprime interviewed Opyn co-founder and CTO Aparna.
💱 DEX Report
- Sushiswap is not an “opportunistic clone anymore,” according to a new report on Santiment.
- Kyber Network is working toward its 3.0 upgrade.
- The dYdX derivatives exchange published its 2020 Review recap.
- Futureswap released details on its governance token distribution.
- The HydraDX is currently working on bootstrapping its liquidity.
- DeFi price balancer project Peanut is connecting its protocol to Curve.
- Curve fork Saddle raised $4.3 million in its first seed funding round. The project also had an interesting REKT experience to consider this week.
- The DODO DEX just introduced a crowdpooling mechanism.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Want to hedge your USDT exposure? Opium Network has you covered.
- defiprime also interviewed Frax founder Sam Kazemian. Frax is a semi-collateralized, semi-algorithmic stablecoin project.
💎 NFT News
- Ethereum-based programmable art project Async Art released its “2021 Guide to Tokenized Art Permanence and Provenance.”
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 27th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋