Welcome to the 24th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between Jan. 3rd and Jan. 10th, 2021.
Want to mine some yield farming knowledge? We’re leaking alpha. Check out defiprime’s new Alpha DeFi community forum, where we regularly launch great new yield farming guides! Also, check out our Biggest DeFi Hacks in 2020 and DeFi Person of the Year 2020 awards.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Dec. 2020 was a wild month for DeFi. Catch up on all the month’s biggest happenings in the defiprime Recap #28.
- Be sure not to miss the new Uncommon Core (Hasu and Su Zhu) interview with Arthur0x, the founder and portfolio manager of DeFiance Capital.
- Now you can easily check out DeFi returns against ETH’s performance through Messari’s new DeFi Returns dashboard.
- MetaCartel had a busy 2020 boosting up projects all across Ethereum’s application layer.
- Cover Protocol, a decentralized insurance project that was recently rocked by a COVER token inflation attack, revealed its plans for the new COVER token launch.
- The DeFi Saver team disclosed a vulnerability in its CompoundImport contracts.
- BTSE just introduced a Wrapped Monero (WXMR) product for the Ethereum blockchain.
- Yearn unveiled the third version of its Stable Credit product. Also don’t miss the Yearn Partner Roundup #3.
- Leveraged yield farming project Alpha Homora is on the cusp of releasing its V2 protocol.
- Check out Agaave, an Aave fork built on the xDAI chain.
- Yam Finance has started internally testing Umbrella Protocol, a pool deployment project.
- You can now participate in Eth2 staking directly through Argent.
- Flash loan facilitator Furucombo just raised a $1.85 million seed round.
- Speaking of flash loans, LP token farming project Warp Finance embraced Chainlink’s oracles to prevent future economic attacks.
- The Aragon Association was hit with a series of high-profile resignations this week related to an alleged lack of organizational transparency.
- With demand to use Ethereum being so pronounced lately, Alex Kroeger’s Gas Prices dashboard on Dune Analytics is an indispensable tool for gauging how different types of activities would cost recently.
- Speaking of gas, if you’re still trying to wrap your head around it works be sure to check out our Ethereum Gas Explained primer from last year.
- This week defiprime interviewed Ethereum Push Notification Service (EPNS) founder Harsh Rajat. We also interviewed xSigma CTO Alex Lebed.
💱 DEX Report
- Decentralized on-chain perpetuals exchange protocol Futureswap is on the verge of releasing its V2 Beta.
- Decentralized exchange project Loopring is rolling out a liquidity mining campaign for its L2-powered Loopring Exchange v2 launch.
- ShapeShift is completely decentralizing its operations in order to pivot away from KYC demands.
- The 0x V4 protocol is now just around the corner.
- Sushiswap unveiled its 2021 roadmap.
- The 5th issue of Ahead of the Curve is out!
- Is Matcha your new favorite DEX aggregator? Let’s see. Try the user-friendly trading dapp with our referral link and help us move up the leaderboard. If we win, you win $100 in ETH!
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) in the U.S. declared that federally-chartered banks have express permission to “use stablecoins to conduct payment activities and other bank-permissible functions.”
- Meet the ZAI Protocol, a new project centered around facilitating liquidity and stability for the Dai stablecoin. Moreover, meet ZAI’s first major bug.
💎 NFT News
- Scalar Capital co-founder Linda Xie wrote a great explainer this week, “A beginner’s guide to NFTs.”
- Adrian Guerrera just published a great write-up on the “NFT lottery” dynamics of the new Neolastics on-chain art project.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 25th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋