Welcome to the 175th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between December 17th and December 24th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Curve DAO agreed to a $44M recompensation program for victims of the July exploit.
- KyberSwap announced a treasury grants program for users affected by the KyberSwap Elastic exploit.
- BarnBridge DAO settled with the SEC for $1.7M under the condition of stopping the sale of crypto bond product.
- Hong Kong announced it is ready to accept applications for spot crypto ETFs.
- A former $LDO holder has filed a class-action lawsuit against Lido DAO for losses.
- Arbitrum collaborated with NEAR by integrating the NEAR DA layer, hoping to allow developers to use the layer while building rollups.
- Phantom added support for Bitcoin, Ordinals, and BRC-20 tokens.
- PancakeSwap’s governance recently discussed a proposal to reduce the total supply of $CAKE tokens.
- Lisk is to become an Ethereum L2 through Optimism and Gelato.
- CoinFund released its 2024 Founder Forecast.
- BloXrout is to begin rejecting transactions with OFAC-blacklisted addresses.
- Masa, a project aiming to be a decentralized Google, is to launch a zk-data marketplace in the Avalanche ecosystem.
- Helium Mobile cracked down on $MOBILE token farmers.
- Foresight Ventures launched its third $10M accelerator following its deal with The Block.
- We have a page up for the Base ecosystem and two different referral links for Manta Network and its New Paradigm. We also unveiled our 2024 predictions.
💎 NFT News
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 176th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋