Welcome to the 173rd issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between December 3rd and December 10th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- The hackers who targeted Platypus Finance have been cleared of criminal charges.
- According to SlowMist, $349M was lost in exploits that occurred in November.
- OpenZeppelin disclosed a security vulnerability spotted on December 4th.
- Talks between the US Bitcoin ETF issuer and the SEC have reached the point of discussion of crucial technical details.
- Coinbase Wallet introduced new ways to send crypto more easily.
- Bitcoin ordinal inscriptions are prompting debates amid network congestion.
- Osmosis and UX chain proposed a possible merger.
- A Compound DAO vote to pay a developer for a significant bugfix fell 15K votes short of quorum.
- Wormhole launched Wormhole Queries, opening access to on-chain data.
- Hashflow’s V2 update went live.
- Synthetix introduced nine new perpetual futures markets on Optimism.
- Backed by Circle, Xion rolled out a testnet based on “generalized abstraction.”
- Ronin introduced Ronin Launchpad, powered by Impossible Finance.
- Six LSTs were being added to EigenLayer.
- Ankr launched Rollups-as-a-service testnet support for zkSync Hyperchains.
- The State of DeFi 2024 Survey was released to the public.
- Shadow raised $9M in seed funding, with the round led by Paradigm.
- Brahma Console’s main release went live concurrently with its $2.5M seed extension round.
- Verastus, a scaling startup, closed a $2.3M seed funding round.
- SYMMIO secured $1.1M in funding ahead of its anticipated Q1 launch.
- Rhinestone announced its pre-seed funding round.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Tether froze all OFAC-sanctioned wallets in what is described as a “proactive” security measure.
💎 NFT News
- According to Variant Fund, new signs of life for NFTs have appeared on Ethereum and L2s.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 174th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋