Welcome to the 169th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between November 5th and November 12th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- JPMorgan rolled out programmable payments with its JPM Coin.
- Arbitrum DAO approved a proposal to activate token staking.
- Binance rolled out its first self-custody wallet.
- The Graph is set to roll out blockchain data services like AI-assisted querying.
- Sushi is now live on Filecoin.
- Flashbots’ co-founder announced a Telegram trading bot named “Alfred.”
- Evmos is planning to deprecate Cosmos transactions, signaling a possible Ethereum alignment.
- Mantle and Ondo Finance launched an RWA-backed $USDY yield token.
- Lightspeed Faction launched a $285M VC fund aimed at early-stage startups.
- Llama raised $6M in funding from investors, with investors including Polygon and Aave founders.
- Stackr, a scaling startup, raised $5.5M in seed funding.
- Pimlico secured $4.2M in seed funding, with the round led by a16z.
- Sock, a self-custodial app, launched with $3M in seed funding.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Raft was exploited for $3.3M, with the stablecoin’s value decreasing 50%; the hacker also lost money in this drop, however.
- Circle released v2.2 for $USDC and $EURC stablecoins, including improvements like increased security, lower gas fees, and more.
- Wintermute and NEAR are fighting over the failed $USN stablecoin.
- StablR announced its €3.3M seed funding round, hoping to further build out its euro-based stablecoin and business.
💎 NFT News
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 170th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋