Welcome to the 168th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between October 29th and November 5th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Onyx was exploited for $2.1M.
- Unibot was hit by a token approval exploit.
- Frax Finance regained control over its domains after a hijacking attempt.
- Aave paused its V2 on Ethereum and froze certain assets on V3 due to a reported issue.
- The Marshall Islands further strengthened its laws regarding DAOs, cutting processing time down and providing immunity for DAOs built on open-source software.
- SafeMoon’s founders and executives were charged with misappropriating investor funds.
- WalletConnect restricted the use of its wallet in Russia, per OFAC guidelines.
- MetaMask and Blockaid collaborated to add native security alerts to MetaMask’s wallet extension.
- Alongside, a crypto index platform, moved on-chain with its V2 launch.
- Maple Finance launched on Base Network, hoping to target institutional activity.
- Stelo announced its shutdown.
- The Aragon Association will dissolve itself and offer liquidity for $ANT redemption.
- Qredo is down to six months of runway after laying off 50% of its staff.
- SnowTrace, an Avalanche block explorer, is to shut down.
- Enzyme added support for borrowing from Aave V3 liquidity pools.
- HSBC added tokenized ownership of physical gold to its platform.
- Surf Protocol closed a $3M funding round, aiming to develop the first permissionless perp DEX with the funds.
- Kana Labs raised $2M in seed funding, aiming to use the funds to fuel growth and expansion initiatives.
- An October VC Report by WU Blockchain states that the quantity of funding and funding rounds has reached new lows.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- PayPal is facing an SEC subpoena over its $PYUSD stablecoin.
- Circle is no longer supporting stablecoin minting for individual accounts.
💱 DEX Report
- Derivio, a decentralized derivatives exchange, launched its mainnet on zkSync Era.
- CoW Swap’s core team has proposed adding fees in a six-month test.
- Hashflow is to share revenue with token stakers starting today.
💎 NFT News
- OpenSea laid off 50% of its NFT marketplace workforce.
- Treehouse recently acquired Origins and is hoping to use Origins to expand its NFT data offering.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 169th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋