Welcome to the 160th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between September 3rd and September 10th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Base suffered its first major outage since its launch.
- CFTC settled its charges against the protocols Opyn, ZeroEx, and Deridex.
- A governance vote approved $DYDX as the native token of the upcoming dYdX chain, in addition to approving a transition to version 4.
- The former Celsius CEO, Alex Mashinsky, has had his home and assets ordered frozen in a criminal case.
- Infura, a ConsenSys-owned project, plans to start decentralizing by the end of 2023.
- Grab, a Southeast Asian super-app, added support for web3 services.
- The Base Ecosystem Fund announced its first six investments.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- $USDC is now available on the Optimism mainnet.
- OKX and Circle partnered to add $USDC features to OKX’s wallet and DEX aggregator.
💱 DEX Report
- Brine Fi, a zk-powered DEX, raised $16.5M in funding, with Pantera Capital leading the round.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 161st issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋