Welcome to the 152nd issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between July 9th and July 16th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Rodeo Finance, an Arbitrum-based platform, lost $1.5M in an exploit.
- Multichain shut down a recently exploited crypto bridge.
- Arkham referral links seem to reveal email addresses.
- Algofi, a protocol holding 55% of Algorand’s value, is to shut down.
- According to a lawyer, the Fei Protocol discord was not ‘seized’ during the class-action lawsuit.
- Venture funding for web3 dropped by 80% in the first quarter.
- The SEC sued Celsius Network and also sued Ripple Labs. The ex-CEO of Celsius was also charged with crypto fraud.
- ConsenSys launched its alpha release of Linea L2 on the Ethereum mainnet.
- Coinbase added a messaging function to its wallet.
- Uniswap Governance recently suggested a new $UNI token model for V4.
- BNB chain is to tackle blockchain exploits in a major July hard fork.
- Polygon proposed a token switch from $MATIC to $POL to add more utility.
- Base’s mainnet is now open for builders.
- More tokenized treasuries have arrived on Polygon as the digital bond market expands.
- Telegram merchants have gained access to in-app crypto payments for the first time.
- Upstart market maker, Swaap, went live with a new version on Ethereum and Polygon.
- CoW Protocol’s intent language was recently improved through CoW Hooks.
- Manta launched Manta Pacific, a modular ecosystem for ZK apps.
- Check out our brief history of Blockchain Bridge Hacks.
- Artela has raised $6M in seed funding, with the round led by Shima Capital.
- Narval raised $4M in funding, hoping to create a platform that helps firms organize their web3 assets.
- Ion Protocol announced its $2M pre-seed funding round.
- Aark Digital raised an undisclosed amount of seed funding, with the round led by Delphi Digital.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Aave Protocol activated the $GHO stablecoin on the Ethereum mainnet.
💱 DEX Report
- A former security engineer was arrested for defrauding a DEX.
- Osmosis, Cosmos’ largest DEX, added concentrated liquidity to their network.
💎 NFT News
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 153rd issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋