Welcome to the 151st issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between July 2nd and July 9th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- The Ethereum community has proposed a new ERC standard to mitigate hacks.
- Tether froze $2.5M of $USDT transferred from Multichain during the $130M exploit.
- Binance released a data-driven analysis of liquid staking and the LSDFi heat-up.
- Aave holders voted on a proposal to convert 1,600 $ETH into $wstETH and $rETH via a protocol.
- Circle launched a wallet-as-a-service developer platform.
- Uniswap V4 is to go live after the Cancun upgrade and a security audit.
- Multichain bridges have experienced outflows of over $130M in crypto.
- Infrastructure has overtaken NFT and gaming as the most popular sector for VC firms.
- Some DeFi firms have signed up to Balancer’s plan for tackling a lack of liquidity.
- Yearn Finance recently discussed a proposal to activate $veYFI rewards with $oYFI gauges.
- IDEX has unveiled a zkEVM L2 chain based on Polygon’s supernets.
- Abracadabra DAO has unveiled a proposal to transition into a more centralized entity.
- Perennial released its new UI, alongside reaching an all-time volume of $1B.
- Pika V4 was recently launched.
- StarkNet will perform a “Quantum Leap” upgrade on July 13th.
- Pendle Finance, a yield powerhouse, expanded to the BNB chain.
- Ola, a privacy startup, raised $3M in seed funding.
- Check out our list of offline DeFi events and meetups.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Wu Blockchain revealed a proposal for Hong Kong to issue its own Hong Kong $ stablecoin to compete with other mainstream stablecoins.
💱 DEX Report
- dYdX, a DEX, has launched a public testnet on Cosmos.
- Check out Bluefin with our referral link if you want to try out a new exchange.
💎 NFT News
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 152nd issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋