Welcome to the 150th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between June 25th and July 2nd, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Chibi Finance has disappeared with $1M in a rug pull.
- Yield Protocol declared its recovery from the Euler hack.
- A US court ordered Kraken to turn over its transaction history and account information to the IRS.
- Ordinals-like tokens on the Ethereum chain have surged past $1M in volume.
- The ZkSync developer released a toolkit for building rollups.
- Polygon 2.0’s protocol vision and architecture were announced.
- Maple Finance launched its direct lending arm, Maple Direct.
- Rollux, a tool for rollups on Bitcoin, was announced.
- Options Liquidity Mining was announced by Bond Protocol.
- AlloyX has launched its asset vault after its recent $2M pre-seed round.
- A Syscoin developer has launched an Ethereum-compatible L2 network, which is secured by Bitcoin miners.
- The Adventure Gold DAO recently planned on launching Loot Chain, a dedicated L2 chain.
- Horizen is to change its chain to drop its privacy coin label.
- Lightning Network recently hit an all-time high in Bitcoin and $ capacity.
- Hook revealed its $3M funding round and announced its own treasure hunt.
💱 DEX Report
- PancakeSwap has gone live on the Polygon zkEVM chain.
- Syndr recently introduced itself as the world’s first L3 DEX.
💎 NFT News
- Magic Eden, an NFT marketplace, is aiming to support BRC-20 tokens.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 151st issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋