Welcome to the 146th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between May 21st and May 28th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Jimbos Protocol was exploited for $7.5M three days after its V2 launch.
- WDZD Swap was exploited for $1.1M.
- An ex-CFTC commissioner has stated that $ETH can be a commodity and security.
- Hong Kong is letting retail investors trade crypto per new rules.
- Aave is considering a proposal to expand into the Coinbase Base network.
- Synthetix’s founder wants to buy back and burn $SNX tokens.
- Astaria, an NFT lending platform led by an ex-Sushi CTO, has gone live.
- Lyra is launching an improved version of its protocol on Optimism.
- Ava Labs has launched a “no-code” web3 launchpad.
- Voltz, a protocol, has launched SOFR swaps on Avalanche.
- Dispersion Capital has launched a $40M venture fund for web3 infrastructure.
- Moondance Labs has closed a $3M seed funding round.
- Openfort has raised $3M in funding for a frictionless web3 gaming wallet.
- Fastlane, a VC, has secured $2.3M in funding.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
💱 DEX Report
- An influx of traders are heading to DEXs for memecoins, ahead of their listing on centralized exchanges.
- Vega Protocol has activated on-chain trading for decentralized derivatives.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 147th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋