Welcome to the 145th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between May 14th and May 21st, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Bancor DAO has been hit with a class-action lawsuit over its impermanent loss protection promises.
- A litigation update for Tornado Cash has been released.
- A post-mortem on the Ethereum Mainnet Finality bug has been released.
- A UK Panel has stated that “Crypto trading should be regulated like gambling”.
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. told attendees of the Bitcoin 2023 conference that he would defend digital currency “when I saw what happened to the truckers in Ottawa”.
- Binance is experimenting with BRC-20, a token standard which enables minting and transferring tokens with the Ordinals protocol.
- Balancer may arbitrage itself so it can rescue Inverse Finance’s frozen crypto.
- Ribbon introduced Aevo recently for on-chain options trading.
- Oasis.app has released the first annual State of DeFi survey for 2023.
- Mantle Network, an Ethereum L2, has merged with its backer BitDAO.
- Hector, a DeFi project, has mulled a legal wrapper to shield its DAO.
- A $50M cross-chain ecosystem fund has been announced, powered by Wormhole.
- Red Beard Ventures secured $25M in funding, with Animoca Brands leading the round.
- Asymmetry Finance has raised $3M in funding, along with announcing the launch of $safETH.
- Dolomite closed a $2.5M funding round, aiming to revolutionize money markets and hedging.
- Mask Network has announced investment in TON.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
💱 DEX Report
- Uniswap is to launch on Polkadot via Moonbeam Parachain.
- Uniswap contributors have also proposed a launch on the Coinbase-backed Layer 2 Base.
- Swaprum’s DEX team has disappeared with $3M in an exit scam.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 146th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋