Welcome to the 144th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between May 7th and May 14th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Ethereum suffered finalization issues for 25 minutes.
- The US House financial committee has given Gensler an ultimatum to respond to inquiries.
- Uniswap weighed a proposal to enrich token holders and switch on liquidity pool fees.
- Jaredfromsubway.eth’s MEV bot has earned $34M in three months.
- AirSwap announced its fourth version.
- MakerDAO has unveiled an AI-fueled roadmap that will lead to a new blockchain.
- Dune Analytics recently announced that Solana decoding is live.
- Vega, a derivatives protocol, went live on the Alpha Mainnet, with futures and options trading available.
- Blockworks, a crypto media firm, closed a $12M funding round.
- Odsy Network, a wallet developer, announced its $7.5M funding round.
- Artifact Labs, a Web3 firm, secured $3.25M in funding.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- A former SEC official has called for a ban on $USDT, describing it as a “mammoth house of cards”.
- Tether released its Q1 2023 assurance report, showing its reserve surplus at an all-time high along with other statistics.
💱 DEX Report
- Uniswap’s trading volume has outpaced Coinbase for the fourth consecutive month.
- Bakkt has mass delisted many tokens amid its consumer-app shutdown.
- DexGuru recently released its own block explorer for Canto.
💎 NFT News
- Tessera, a fractional NFT project, is to shut down amid a tough crypto market.
- Pudgy Penguins raised $9M in funding, aiming to create an NFT IP brand.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 145th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋