Welcome to the 140th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between April 9th and April 16th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Hong Kong reaffirmed its commitment to web3 as long as crypto remains under proper regulation.
- The SEC has charged Terraform and Do Kwon with defrauding investors.
- The SEC is moving towards DeFi oversight, reopening proposed regulations. The SEC also reportedly sees decentralized crypto platforms as exchanges.
- Uniswap recently launched its mobile wallet.
- The Uniswap DAO also approved a proposal to deploy Uniswap v3 on Polygon’s zkEVM.
- Enso Finance recently announced the second version of its product.
- Sei, a trading-focused blockchain, secured $30M in funding.
- CryptoGPT raised $10M in A Series funding, holding a $250M valuation.
- RSS3, an information protocol, closed a $10M token sale funding round.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- A new draft for a stablecoin bill was introduced in the House of Representatives.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 141st issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋