Welcome to the 139th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between April 2nd and April 9th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- SushiSwap has suffered an exploit, with the head chef advising chains to revoke the RouterProcessor2 contract.
- Sentiment has recovered $870K after negotiations with the hacker.
- MEV bots on Ethereum lost $25M in a sophisticated attack.
- Allbridge offered a bounty to an exploiter who took $573K in a flash loan attack.
- Japan has approved a white paper that aims to promote crypto growth in their country.
- S&P Global is looking for a DeFi director, signaling a DeFi push from them.
- Aave may be seeking to expand to BNB, Starknet, and Polygon’s zkEVM.
- KuCoin wallet recently rebranded to Halo wallet.
- Manifold, a project building a liquid staking platform, announced 25,000 ETH in funding from Cream Finance.
- M^ZERO, a DeFi platform, closed a $22.5M funding round.
- Li.Fi, a crypto startup, raised $17.5M in funding.
- Polyhedra Network, a crypto startup, received $15M in funding, with the round led by Polychain.
- Delphi Labs secured $13.5M in funding, hoping to create a web3 accelerator.
- Nibiru Chain is now valued at $100M after its recent $8.5M seed funding round.
- Satsuma closed a $5M funding round, hoping to create a blockchain indexing platform.
- Lore, a co-ownership platform, has secured $4M in strategic funding.
- Franklin, a payroll company, announced its $2.9M seed funding round.
💱 DEX Report
- PancakeSwap’s DEX was recently updated to version 3.
- DexGuru released their Q1 Product Update.
💎 NFT News
- OpenSea launched OpenSea Pro recently and is currently courting professional NFT traders.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 140th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋