Welcome to the 128th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between January 15th and January 22nd, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- The SEC has charged Caroline Ellison and Gary Wang with fraud.
- According to Circle’s CEO, stablecoin legislation is the ‘lowest-hanging fruit’ for Congress.
- Blockchain’s non-financial applications were highlighted on the second day of the WEF.
- New Hampshire is seeking to attract DeFi and crypto businesses to their state.
- CoinDesk hired Lazard to explore a sale as their parent company DCG’s crisis deepens.
- Yuga Labs has blacklisted Blur and other marketplaces in their Sewer Pass mint.
- MakerDAO was voting on limiting DAI exposure to Gemini amid fears of insolvency.
- HashKey Capital has raised $500M in funding to further fund web3.
- Flashbots is seeking unicorn status as it looks to receive $50M in funding.
- Obol has secured $12.5M in funding to decentralize Ethereum staking infrastructure.
- Mask Network has closed a $5M strategic funding round.
- Cypher, a multichain wallet, has announced its $4.3M funding round.
- Gateway, a web3 credential protocol, has announced a $4.2M funding round.
- Diva has closed a $3.5M seed funding round for their liquid staking protocol.
- Blue, a DeFi startup, raised $3.2M in funding.
- Hyper Oracle, a zero-knowledge startup, closed a $3M pre-seed funding round.
- Metahood, a “Zillow of the Metaverse,” secured $3M in funding.
- Davos, a startup, raised $500K in funding.
- We released a list of DeFi events in 2023.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Iran and Russia reportedly want to create a new stablecoin backed by gold.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 129th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋