Welcome to the 126th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between December 25th and January 8th, 2023.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Reportedly, the Defrost rugpulled twice, once for $12M, the other time for $7M.
- The US has filed charges of fraud in the Mango crypto manipulation case.
- Mastercard has launched a web3-focused artist incubator in a collaboration with Polygon.
- Cointelegraph has released its predictions for crypto in 2023.
- SushiSwap has attempted to breathe life into its protocol with a new proposal.
- Fantom released their recap of 2022.
- Timeless announced the date for the launch of their token, $LIT, is January 9th.
- Convex is to reportedly make changes to their staking service for Curve token rewards.
- Octopus will be performing a refactoring of their core team for Octopus 2.0.
- Msafe, an Aptos-based multisig wallet, closed a $5M funding round.
- Ondefy secured $1M in funding, aiming to foster the adoption of DeFi.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Japan is to lift the ban on foreign stablecoins in 2023, according to the Financial Services Agency of Japan.
💱 DEX Report
💎 NFT News
- Collection, an NFT protocol, has created a DEX for NFT trading.
- Shopify merchants can now mint and sell Avalanche NFTs.
- An NFT project has recently accepted $3M to move its collection to Polygon.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 127th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋