Welcome to the 124th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between December 11th and December 18th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- SBF was arrested by Bahamian authorities and served a lawsuit by the CFTC.
- A US Judge in the Ooki DAO trial ordered the CFTC to serve its original founders with the lawsuit.
- According to a lawyer, the BZeroX founders are no longer part of Ooki DAO.
- Compound DAO was sued by plaintiffs who held only $100 in $COMP tokens.
- A bill was recently introduced, supported by Warren and Marshall, that aims to tighten money laundering rules for crypto.
- ConsenSys has collaborated with PayPal, aiming to integrate PayPal seamlessly with the MetaMask wallet.
- MetaMask has also integrated with Connext.
- Sense Finance also announced its own integration with Idle Finance.
- ENS DAO elected stewards to helm their three working groups.
- Ava Labs launched its own Core Mobile Wallet, which currently supports Avalanche, Ethereum, and Bitcoin.
- Maple Finance has unveiled a major overhaul and stopped lending on Solana.
- Opyn’s Crab Strategy was recently unveiled, which allows users to use the Crab Strategy as collateral on the Yield Protocol.
- BitGo refused to unwind $50M in $wBTC for Alameda Research.
- SynFutures added a ‘permissionless listing’ of futures in their new V2 upgrade.
- LlamaNodes went live recently.
- Aztec closed a $100M funding round, aiming to build encrypted Ethereum.
- Blocknative raised $15M in funding, hoping to provide global infrastructure for Ethereum.
- Nametag, a web3 identity platform, announced their $2M seed funding round.
💵 State of the Stablecoins
- Bermuda Digital Bank Jewel issued their own ‘fully-backed’ stablecoin.
💱 DEX Report
- Raydium, a Solana-based exchange, lost $2M to an exploit.
- SushiSwap’s CEO revealed that their DEX lost $30M on LP incentives over this year.
- DexGuru recently updated its Mobile UI.
💎 NFT News
- Decent, an NFT infrastructure protocol, secured $3.5M in funding.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 125th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋