Welcome to the 116th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between October 16th and October 23rd, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- Mango Markets has proposed a plan to pay back the victims of the $114M hack.
- A hacker has drained $300K from Olympus DAO on the Bond Protocol.
- A white hat reported an exploit to DXdao, which would’ve allowed $80M to be taken.
- According to Rep. Himes, the stablecoin bill is not happening before Congress dissolves in January.
- Ex-Regulators have challenged the SEC in a Bitcoin ETF brief.
- Paradigm, a VC fund, wants the CFTC to serve Ooki DAO’s members.
- A16z is not supporting the plan to break up MakerDAO.
- Ava Labs has launched Core Web, which aims to upgrade the web3 UX/UI experience.
- SushiSwap is weighing a new DAO structure that uses non-transferable shares.
- Jason Goldberg, the founder of Fab.com, launched a Polygon-backed web3 project.
- Maple has tightened lending standards after the crypto shakeout.
- The Y Combinator alumni DAO has unveiled a web3 fellowship program.
- Edge Capital, a crypto hedge fund, has raised $66.8M in funding.
- ChainSafe closed an $18.75M Series A funding round.
- Shardeum, a startup by Nischal Shetty, has secured $18M in seed funding.
- Tapio raised $4M in funding, with the round led by Polychain.
💎 NFT News
- Warner Bros is to release 10,999 Lord of the Rings NFTs.
- Rarible has introduced an NFT aggregator that helps people bargain hunt.
- Mintify secured $1.6M in funding, with the round led by Arca.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 117th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋