Welcome to the 113th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between September 25th and October 2nd, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- dYdX had its account on NPM hacked recently.
- California, New York, and a few other states recently took action against Nexo, a crypto lender.
- The CFTC apparently served Ooki DAO papers by posting them in an online forum.
- Opium Chesire cats are supporting the Binance effort to make proof of identity.
- MetaMask has launched a Beta Portfolio Dapp, aiming to create an improved web3 experience.
- Olympus DAO has cut the annual yield for $OHM to 7.35%.
- Safe announced the launch of SafeDAO and their token, $SAFE.
- Robinhood released the beta version of their web3 wallet recently to more than 10,000 users.
- Ata Network announced 1RPC, a free private RPC relay.
- The Aragon community has voted to transfer the old DAO’s treasury funds after its dissolution.
- Viabull discussed n00b wallets and Lensmo recently, with n00b wallets allowing users to send NFTs and airdrops to anyone, with no required internet.
- Mars’ second version was announced, including new features like Rovers.
- Uniswap Labs is putting together a new $100M fund.
- Sei, a trading-focused chain, has launched a $50M ecosystem fund.
- Space and Time, a data platform, secured $20M in strategic funding, with Microsoft’s M12 leading the round.
- Bitquery raised $8.5M in seed funding, with Binance Labs leading the funding round.
- dAMM, an institutional DeFi platform, closed a $2M private token sale round.
💱 DEX Report
💎 NFT News
- Apple’s App Store reportedly wants a 30% cut on NFT sales that occur on mobile marketplaces.
- Disney is reportedly looking to hire a transaction lawyer for their NFT plans.
- An executable NFT wallet from Coral has raised $20M in funding, with the round co-led by FTX Ventures and Jump Crypto.
- Minteo, a Latin-American-based NFT marketplace, secured $4.3M in seed funding.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 114th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋