Welcome to the 108th issue of The Defiprime Post, a quick weekly primer covering the biggest developments around Ethereum and DeFi. This week’s issue covers events between August 21st and August 28th, 2022.
🔥 The DeFi Bulletin
- An Olympus DAO proposal created by shadow aims to align $TRIBE interests with Fuse exploit victims.
- Ethereum has made an official blog post about the merge.
- Tether hasn’t taken action against Tornado Cash and has said they probably won’t until the US government contacts them.
- Coinbase has stated that the company is cutting costs and actively engaged with regulators.
- Paradigm discussed VRGDAs, a system that enables selling tokens close to a specified schedule by adjusting prices.
- Alchemy completed an acquisition of ChainShot, a web3 educational platform, aiming to improve the onboarding of developers.
- Compound released V3 to the public on August 25th.
- The Block recently launched a tokenized paywall, with the CEO stating, “This is all done in the vein of increasing distribution of our content….”
- Sudo Inu recently announced $SNACK tokens and their tokenomics.
- Temple also discussed Temple Ascend recently, where the DAO will acquire $TEMPLE if the price is low.
- THORSwap also launched an ERC-20 Cross-Chain aggregator.
- Y Combinator alumni secured $80M in funding to make a DAO to back crypto startups.
- Thirdweb raised $24M in funding, with Haun Ventures acting as the lead investor.
- Spectral closed a $23M funding round, aiming to create a web3 credit score system.
- Mural, a DAO tooling startup, raised $5.6M in seed funding.
- Mellow Protocol also announced a seed round, which received undisclosed funding.
💎 NFT News
- NFT marketplace volume reportedly fell in August.
Thanks for reading, and be sure to catch the 109th issue of The Defiprime Post out this time next week! 👋♦️👋